The Final EIS will be available for a 10-day public comment period, from May 16, 2016 to May 31, 2016.
The DNR must receive comments no later than 4:30 pm, May 31.
There is no quantity limit for comment submissions.
Comments should focus on the adequacy of the document. Three criteria determine an EIS’s adequacy:
1. Does the Final EIS analyze topics identified in the scoping?
2. Does the Final EIS respond to comment received in the draft?
3. Did the DNR follow the process established in the state statute and rule for preparing an EIS?
** PLEASE TAKE NOTE **
There are 10 business days to submit comments by US Mail, email or fax to the MN DNR (Minnesota Department of Natural Resources) regarding the MN FEIS (Final Environmental Impact Statement) pertaining to the Fargo Dam and FM Diversion project.
Persons or Agencies submitting comments are encouraged to respond within the criteria listed above as clearly and concisely as possible.
Comments relating to whether you like the project, think it is unjust or feel bullied by the process are definitely understandable, however, the MN DNR comment period to determine adequacy is not designed to address those issues.
Comments by U.S. Mail or other delivery service must be received by Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:30 pm at the following address:
Jill Townley, Project Manager
Environmental Policy and Review Unit, Box 25
Ecological and Water Resources Division, DNR
500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, Minnesota, 55155
Electronic or e-mail comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fargo-Moorhead Final EIS” in the subject line. Be sure to include your full name and and mailing address.
Fax written comments to: 651- 296-1811
Note: this PDF is large and could take time to download.
Final EIS Materials
Documents provided in PDF format.
Final EIS Appendices
- Appendix A – Draft Operation Plan
- Appendix B – Adaptive Management Monitoring Plan
- Appendix C – DSA Screening Analysis
- Appendix D – Final Distributed Storage Alternative Report
- Appendix E – Adequacy of Modeling Combined
- Appendix F – Fargo-Moorhead Final FEMA USACE Coordination Plan
- Appendix G – FMM Draft Cemetery Mitigation Plan
- Appendix H – 2011 Fargo-Moorhead Final Programmatic Agreement
- Appendix I – MNEIS Diversion Socioeconomics Report
- Appendix J – Agricultural Impacts Mitigation Plan
- Appendix K – Organic Farm Inventory Memo
- Appendix L – Response to Public Comments on the Draft EIS (compressed) (full)
- Appendix M – Purpose & Need and Alternative Rescreen Report
- Appendix N – Fargo-Moorhead EIS Hydrologic Methodology Review
- Appendix O – Takings, Flowage Easements and Acquisition Processes
Final EIS Fact Sheets